Re: [hylafax-users] cu was:(no subject)

At 12:04 06/03/02 -0500, Jorge Escalante wrote:
>Reading though the documentation of Hylafax I came across a command
>called 'cu', but my Debian box does not have such command and apt-get
>cannot find it. Can someone please elaborate on this command.
>
>Thanks

cu (call up) converts its string argument into dialling instructions and
sends them to a modem. Its commonly used to dial out to a remote site on a
line which presents a getty login (e.g. dialling into a dumb terminal). The
only implementation of it I've seen had horrible security holes - this may
have been a result of using cu or other factors in the setup. It should be
possible to provide most (if not all) of the functionality by other methods.

Could you please add subjects to your Emails - it makes it much easier for
the rest of us.

Colin