[hylafax-users] PBX trace questions.

Hello people. I'm not a PBX/communications expert so, I guess it's better
asking to who know about the subject.
Two sessions traces from our PBX. Both from one of eight port of my
Rocketport card, US model. My MultiTech 5600ZDX rarely suffer of "no
carrier detected" error, and when I say rarely I mean it, VERY rarely. The
Rocketport, in 30 sessions fail 2-3 times.
Our PBX helpdesk inform that the failure could be caused by a fax machine
busy in the destination. I tend to agree, but I would like to investigate
why only this is happenning (almost of the times) with the Rocketport card
.

Trace good transmission

.trac 0 23186

ACTIVE  TN 014 0 00 03
ORIG  014 0 00 03  MARP 0  23186  500
TERM  005 22  DID  RMBR  5 22
DIAL DN 012345667(fake number)
MAIN_PM  ESTD
TALKSLOT  ORIG  26   TERM  26
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU  NONE
CALL ID 0 672

----  ISDN PRA CALL (TERM) ----
CALL REF # =  18950
BEARER CAP =  VOICE
CALL STATE =  10     ACTIVE
CALLING NO =  23186
CALLED NO  =  9070201234567(fake number)

Trace bad transmission

.trac 0 23186

ACTIVE  TN 014 0 00 03
ORIG  014 0 00 03  MARP 0  23186  500
TERM  005 03  DID  RMBR  5 3
DIAL DN 907020284327324
MAIN_PM  DIAL    AUX_PM  COMPLETE
TALKSLOT  ORIG  15   TERM  17
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU  NONE
CALL ID 0 393

AUX  NARS

----  ISDN PRA CALL (TERM) ----
CALL REF # =  18969
BEARER CAP =  VOICE
CALL STATE =  4     DELIVERY -> (before the destination answering, pointed
by the helpdesk)
CALLING NO =  23186
CALLED NO  =  9070201234567(fake number)

My config.ttyRx config file.

<snipped>
MaxRecvPages:           25
JobReqNoCarrier:        30
JobReqNoAnswer:         60
JobReqProto:            200
UUCPLockTimeout:        15
#
ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint
ModemRate:              38400           # rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # default
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K0           # setup no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3           # setup hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4           # setup software flow control
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier (or
not)
#
ModemMfrQueryCmd:       !Rockwell
ModemModelQueryCmd:     !RC288DPi
ModemRevQueryCmd:       ATI3            # product information
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATDT%s          # T for tone dialing

Thanks.

Pedro Roçadas (procadas@creditus.pt)
Dptº Informática,BPN-Créditus Technical Staff