Re: [hylafax-users] E1 lines

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 05:25:25AM -0500, Yan Seiner wrote:
> "Jay R. Ashworth" wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 05:22:58PM +0000, procadas@creditus.pt wrote:
> > > Hi. A friend is asking me if anyone ot there was able to put
> > > hyalfax working with a E1 line. Maybe I'm doing the wrong
> > > question and the wrong search in the mailling list archives. If I
> > > understood the question from my friend, he must put a isdn modem
> > > betwen the E1 line and hylafax? Thanks for any reply.
> >
> > Naw; we can handle multi-channel ISDN lines, these days, but only
> > T-1 based, so far as I know, not E-1 based. But 'raw' T-1 and E-1
> > lines are likely to require channel banks and modem cards.
>
> I thought E1 was a Euro spec - sort of T1 with 30 channels instead of
> 24? Anyway, you need a channelized x1 with a card to match. See the
> Eicon website for a selection. Eicon makes an E1 card with 30 modems;
> IIRC they even makes a dual E1 with 60 modems for those who REALLY
> need to send/receive a lot of faxes.

Oh, they do?  Cool.

Yeah, E-1 is euro-T-1; the point *I* was making was that I didn't know
we were on both sides of the ISDN PRI/Channelized T-1(E-1) river.

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")