[hylafax-users] T.30 T2 timeout MT1932ZDX

Hello!

I'm running Hylafax 4.1 under FreeBSD 4.5, using a MT1932ZDX modem with the
latest firmware (according to Multi-Tech).

We use our system for both sending and receiving faxes.  A couple of our
customers have experienced problems sending us faxes since we started
running the Hylafax server.  The log shows the "T.30 T2 timeout" error.

I have e-mailed Multi-Tech and they are in correspondence with me regarding
this T.30 T2 timeout issue.  They said I could try using the ATS38=35&W
command, but they would also like a modem log.

I'm a little confused as to where I could at this S38 command?  I can't seem
to figure out which hylafax-config modem command is the right one to use.

Also, is the information provided in the hylafax/log/* logs the best
information to send Multi-Tech?  Perhaps I haven't searched the mailing list
archives long enough, but I haven't seen a "quick" answer as to whether this
is a problem with the fax server, or with the client (or customers /
sending) fax machine?

When this error occurs, is it just hylafax that diagnoses this error or does
the modem provide an error code?