Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax and FreeBSD 4.4

some guesses:
do you start hfaxd from inetd  (is this possible in general?)
if yes, maybe inetd can not start hfaxd and closes the connection.
This closure is not handled in the client code therefore the assertion?

I can provoce "Service not availabe, remote server closed connection"
(with a non-hylafax server) but I do not get the assertion.

When you telnet, do you see the assertion also?

Bernd