Re: [hylafax-users] Flow control for USR V.Everything

At 09:40 17/01/02 -0800, Stephen Lee wrote:
<snip>
>Class 1 mode I have tried both rtscts and xonxoff and either will give
>me about 4 out of 5 good faxes. The bad ones typically crap out part way
<snip>

I'm a bit of a Hylafax newbie, but have been playing with computers for
many years.....
Given a choice I'd always go for hardware flow control - although this is
purely empirical / gut feeling. I seem to have fewer problems with devices
connected for hardware flow control than those with software and IMHO it's
more sensible to have a control system based on current state rather than
an ephemeral directive.

HTH

Colin