From: lach@mail.lach.net [mailto:lach@mail.lach.net]On Behalf Of
lach@lach.net
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 7:23 AM
To: Josh Welch
Cc: hylafax
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] storing faxes?

Hello,

I have noticed that there is no link between the received fax
(fax0000203.tif) and the commid (00000300) stored in the xferfaxlog file.

Do you recommend changing the faxrcvd script to save the received fax with
the commid instead of the value received from $FILE variable.  That way
you would have a link betwwen the xferfaxlog and the recvq fax directory.

Thanks,

Lach
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Josh Welch wrote:

> Well, the info on all your received faxes is stored in
> $HylaFAX_DIR/etc/xferfaxlog, so you could write someting which picked up
the
> info on each of the images from xferfaxlog and stored it with the image in
> database. Or for that matter, you could just pick out the info relevant to
> the faxes you are storing and keep it with them as a flat file, serving as
> an index of the faxes. this would be much easier than trying to work in
OCR.