Re: [hylafax-users] Efficient mass faxing w. no cover page

Quoting Daniel Dumitriu <ddumitriu@conquestvacations.com>:

> Hello,
>
> This may very well be an oversight of mine (or something), but I'm no
> able to figure this one out:
>
> How can I send the same document/set of documents to 1000 (one thousand)
>
> or more destinations, with no cover page  and *without* creating a new
>
> copy of the document in the docq ? Links (preferably symbolic) would be
> ok.
>
> I have the feeling this must be explained somewhere in the manuals, the
>
> how-tos or the mailing list, because this is the basic fax broadcasting
>
> case. I just seem to be unable to find it.
>
> Could anyone help ?

If you run a faxing loop script that does this:

sendfax -d 1111111 my_file.ps
sendfax -d 2222222 my_file.ps
sendfax -d 3333333 my_file.ps

you will get multiple copies of the docq files.

If you run you fax like this:

sendfax -d 1111111 -d 2222222 -d 3333333 my_file.ps

Then you will only end up with one copy of the files in the docq.  Writing
scripts like the first one is much easier, and for most people, the disk space
isn't a concern.