Re: [hylafax-users] Sharing phone line between pppd and hylafax

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:31:08 +0800, you wrote:

>I had been trying to setup hylafax to share the same phone line with pppd.
>Hope someone can show me the correct configuration to achieve it.
>I will be using the phone line mainly to access the internet but
>occassionally I will want to send and receive fax.
>Should I run faxmodem or faxgetty?
HylaFAX will happily share the line, provided you use the same device name
to indentify the serial line in all apps using the serial port. It doesn't
matter if you use faxmodem or faxgetty.

>I cannot access the modem once I had run faxgetty. Is this expected?
>Using the command line :
># faxmodem ttyLT0
>I get the following error: FIFO: open: No such device or address
Maybe you need to run faxaddmodem ttyLT0

--
giulioo@pobox.com