Re: [hylafax-users] Multi printers, Multi modems

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:43:40PM -0500, Riley wrote:
>   Im trying to find out how to route print jobs in hylafax to different
> printers based on which device they were recieved on.  My setup includes
> an 8 port digiboard, currently 4 multitech 1932zdx`s(soon to be 6), and a
> 3 port jetdirect.  What i would like to see happen is all faxes received on
> modem ports 1 and 4 get printed on port 1 of the jetdirect,  modems 2 and 5 on
> port 2, and 3 and 6 go to port 3.
>
> The problem is i dont understand the syntax of the faxrcvd script. I have
> been able to auto print, but only with 1 printer. Ive heard that i can
> specify what faxrcvd script to use on the per-modem-config file, and then i
> could just create 2 more faxrcvd scripts which would be easy,  but either
> i did it wrong, or i heard wrong..  either way, i didnt work out.

No, you only need one.

Within the faxrcvd script, the $2 argument will be the name of the
device, so you should be able to do

case $2 in
	ttyS0)
		commands to print on that printer
		;;
	ttyS1)
		commands to print on the other printer
		;;
esac

If that's not enough hint, let us know.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned