Re: [hylafax-users] Error [5:none\r] -> MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from modem

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:12:20AM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> >My modem is a USR 56K FAX.  It doesn't understand the command "none".  I
> doubt
> >any modem on earth understands this command.   :)
>
> You are correct.  No modem on earth will likely recognize "none".  But,
> faxsend in HylaFAX 4.1rc1 and later does.  So, you appear to be using a
> default config file from 4.1 with a prior HylaFAX release.  Not a HylaFAX
> problem.

*Oh*.  Is that what happened?

Oops.  :-)

> >And the error went away.
>
> Oh, but turn up your ServerTracing level to 0xFFF and then take a look at
> it.  You'll see that the ERROR did not go away.

Hmmm... lower priority error message there?

I wonder how his prototypes got out of sync with his code.

You do an upgrade, guy?  By hand, maybe?

Cheers,
-- jra

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned