[hylafax-users] Error [5:none\r] -> MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from modem

Hello,

I'd like to bring your attention to a potential error in the config file that
is generated by faxsetup.  The file in question on my machine is located
at /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.ttyS0

Your file name may be different (you may use config.modem, for instance).

In my config.ttyS0 file there _was_ a line that caused the following error
message in my /var/log/messages file:

Oct 31 11:31:47 ddi02 FaxGetty[5222]: <-- [5:none\r]
Oct 31 11:32:17 ddi02 FaxGetty[5222]: MODEM TIMEOUT: reading line from modem

My modem is a USR 56K FAX.  It doesn't understand the command "none".  I doubt
any modem on earth understands this command.   :)

The following line was in my config.ttys0 file

#
# +FAP=? not supported on this modem, gives ERROR in ServerTracing
#
Class2APQueryCmd:      none

After doing some research on the net (google.com search), I changed it to:

#
# +FAP=? not supported on this modem, gives ERROR in ServerTracing
#
Class2APQueryCmd:      ""

And the error went away.

Graham Leach