[hylafax-users] Newbie Hylafax 'test' steps ?

Ok, I've downloaded and installed Hylafax on my RH 7.1 machine, but the
machine is currently not on my network.  I selected all the defaults
during installation, and specificed the port on which the modem lives.

I did a 'faxstat' cmd, and it verifies the server is running by displaying
the following:

Hylafax scheduler on gumby: Running    (gumby is the name of my machine)

Can anyone suggest some simple test procedures/steps I can go through (using
the server) to verify that I've correctly setup Hylafax for basic in &
outbound
faxing ?  I have a fax machine on another phone line that I can use to test
sending/receiving with the Hylafax server.

Thanks in advance, and I'm also continuing to read through the relevant
man pages and Hylafax website howto.

Brian