Re: [hylafax-users] HP Digital Document Sender

> The HP Digital Document Sender seems to be a perfect match with a
> HylaFax server for sending faxes.  I have not been able to find anyone
> who has done this and am wondering why?  I would like to set it up and
> was wondering if anyone has any information as to weather this is

Since we use the sender for a lot of different imaging items, the way we do
it is to make a script for an EMAIL address.

The "user" file, takes the EMAIL, strips the subject, uses uudeview to
separate the TIF or PDF in the EMAIL and acts.

For example, to fax we put fax 5551234 on the subject and EMAIL the scan to
the user file.
To attach an image to an insurance claim, we EMAIL to user file with the
subject scan 293884, where the number is the claim#.

The HP digital sender 8100c and 9100c also have a fax option and there are
instructions somewhere between www.sendmail.org and www.hylafax.org that
have the steps for setting up a fax gateway. I like my method better because
I have more control.

If you want for specifics or example scripts let me know.

Greg Engel