[hylafax-users] Why Internal Modems Are Bad - web reference

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 10:57:11AM -0400, Joe Matuscak wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > > that seems to be the current consensus. The PCI card one was something
> > > like US$60 each.
> >
> > But don't buy that one, buy the external.
> > Trust me on this.  :-)
>
> OK, why is that?  We went the other way, from the 5600ZDX to the PCI
> card, and it seems to work as well as the external. We changed mostly to
> reduce the clutter (one less external box, cable, and wall wart).

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/

Rick says it *much* more eloquently than even I ever could.  And, even
though it's implicit, I concur with him entirely.

Internal Modems Are Toys, is the short version.

Cheers,
-- jra

   "Usenet: it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me