Re: [hylafax-users] Newbie can't get WHFC to go

At 09:46 17/10/01 -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:12:29PM +0100, Colin McKinnon wrote:
> > Sorry if this is a little OT, if its terribly OT perhaps somebody might be
> > able to point me in a better direction.....
> >
> > I'm trying to get WHFC (MS Windows 95) running with Hylafax (4.1 on Linux
> > 2.0.36). I'm having problems with the latter but that's a different
> story /
> > post.
>
>Well, it might not be, but we'll see.  Why 2.0?

'cos its stable and it works. When life is more leisurely I'll plan an upgrade.

> > 2) When I print to my fax printer (Apple laser writer on WHFCFAX:) the job
> > appears to get queued locally but never gets sent to the server. Once I've
<snip>
>Yeah.  It won't make Uli like me much, but I think both problems are
>WHFC related.  :-}
>
>Which Win95 (and why not 98?), and which WHFC?

Win95 4.00.950 C (OEM Service Release 2.5) + Winsock 2 ('cos win98 is too slow)
WHFC 1.0.8

Slight progress - if I wait until WHFC.exe has connected I can then upload
a ps file  to the server for faxing (which subsequently appears in the
remote queue) this seems to work for printing too - so if I can just sort
out the delay in connecting....

Colin