[hylafax-users] Newbie doesn't getty fax sent

Hi all,

I'm probably doing something really stupid, but I don't seem to be getting
anywhere with my installation. I've got Linux 2.0.36 (RH5.2) running, and
installed hylafax from the 4.1 source tarball. Everything seemed to go by
the book. I started up the server(s) but I can't seem to to send any faxes.
Initially this was using WHFC (more on that in another post) but also from
the suppl;ied command line client.

I'd set up my system for outgoing faxes only (I run mgetty on the same port
for incoming data calls, and also make outgoing data calls on the same
line). After the install I was left with a file in
/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.ttyS0 (shown later). Outgoing faxes are
getting queued but not sent. I've tried running faxstate (-n ttyS0). But to
no avail. Here's the response I get when the message gets dropped:
>Your facsimile job to 5566832 could not be completed before the appointed
>deadline.

<snip>

Although mgetty shows up if I do an 'fuser' on /dev/ttyS0, there is no lock
file, and I can connect to the modem with minicom and pppd no problem. I
think the problems with WHFC are seperate so I've put them in another post.

Any tips gratefully received,

Colin

PS. here's the config.ttyS0....

CountryCode:            44
AreaCode:               141
FAXNumber:              "0141 554 1346"
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    01
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         11
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0660
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          high
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "WEW Headoffice"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           25
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM0 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1"
Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0
Class2NRCmd:    AT+FNR=1,1,1,0
Class2SendRTC:  yes
Class2APQueryCmd:       none