Re: [hylafax-users] Error: Unable to open scheduler FIF0 & "kernel: tty_io.c process 561 (faxgetty) used obsolete

You must first be sure to know which device it is, you can use minicom
application, to try communicate with the modem first. and then, when you are
sure communication is established with modem, set it up with the right device
name.

Be careful, sometimes, few devices begin at 1 , not 0

bye
steph