Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFAX and Voice over IP

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:24:52 -0300, you wrote:

>I am trying to send a fax (using HylaFAX and a USR
>courier), but over a
>voice-over-ip line. Has anyone did something like
>this?

We have a voip device and I can use one modem-fax (rockwell chipset) to send
faxes with HylaFAX reliably; however as soon as I use another modem (topic
chipset) there are many problems (ie: the modem-fax always think there's a RING
on the line while there's none), this second modem requires phone cables with 2
wires only while the voip cables are 4 wires, so I think this is my problem.

--
giulioo@pobox.com