From: Wim Verhoogt [mailto:wim@queron.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 5:31 AM
To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Eicon Diva Server PRI as fax server?

Hi,

> Does anyone have any experience with this card or eicon in general?  I
> have one of their low-end ISDN/BRI routers, and it's a piece of junk,
> but it may not be representative of their high-end stuff.  (3com's
> low-end ISDN router is an even worse piece of junk than Eicon's.)

I'm using the Eicon DIVA BRI PCI card, supported by the same drivers as
the
PRI one, and it works fine. I use the faxCAPI driver from AVM to control
it,
though. The class 2 interface didn't work for me (received OK, but the
faxes
were garbled.) I think this is because some class 2 commands aren't
supported by this interface. Unsupported commands are silently ignored.
Setting up a tweaked modem profile may fix this.
The faxCAPI driver works fine 'out of the box', but requires the updated
ISDN drivers from melware to get the CAPI support. You need to recompile
the
kernel with these new drivers as well (and some clever tweaking in make
menuconfig).

    Wim