Re: [hylafax-users] Resending faxes

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2001 11:46 schrieben Sie:
> I'm a new Hylafax user. I have a RH62 based Linux server running Hylafax
> 4.1rc1. I'm using WHFC from WNT and W2000 computers to send faxes. I'd
> like to resend automatically all failed faxes, but I don't know how. Is
> there any option in WHFC ?
>
> This faxes are sent from Excel, and I obviusly don't want to re-open
> excel sheets and re-link phonebook..
>
> Thanks in advance, Ignasi Villagrasa.

sorry, there is no option for automatically resending faxes in hylafax.

to my mind this would be awful, image you told hylafax the wrong fax number,
it would try to send until someone weeks later recognizes, oops this fax was
attempted to transmit for about a few thousand times.

failed faxes *NEED* user action.

you could change the notify.awk script to store failed faxes in a special dir
or to mail the failed fax to the sender, then it will be easy to transmit
the fax again

HIH

matthias
--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599