Re: [hylafax-users] comments breakintolines on tgif 4.1.40

At 03:05 PM 6/22/01 +1000, Noel Mistula wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Just subscribe to this list. I've been searching through the HylaFAQ
>in the past 4 days on how to resolve this "comments BreakIntolines"
>problem using faxcover.ps create by tgif 4.1.40.
>
>I tried to replace the
>
>       comments show
>with
>
>         /rule (________________________________) def
>         /y 189 def /x 141 def
>         y -29 73 { x exch moveto rule show } for
>         rule stringwidth pop 29 x y comments BreakIntoLines

It doesn't work that way.

You need to put the BreakIntoLines section (this stuff) after the last
'restore' (probably 'tgifsavedpage restore') and before 'end' followed by
'grestore', like this:

tgifsavedpage restore

/Courier findfont 11 scalefont setfont
/rule (________________________________) def
/y 189 def /x 141 def
y -29 73 { x exch moveto rule show } for
rule stringwidth pop 29 x y comments BreakIntoLines
grestore

end
showpage

Ta da!  I would recommend using Courier for your comments section, or you
run the risk of "running off the page" unless you plan for the dope who
uses a line of capital Ws in his comments section.  Unfortunately,
documenting the application of BreakIntoLines such that any user can easily
implement it into any Postscript file is impossible, because of the variety
of ways that they use Postscript.  This happens to be the way to implement
it in tgif EPS.