Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Re: Re: Distinctive ring & cid

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:33:12PM -0400, Network wrote:
> > > Does the CNID data show in the session log regardless of which ring is
> > > picked up?
> >
> > This is my exact point.  the primary number does show the CNID info in the
logs.
> > The secondary/distinctive ring does not show in the logs.
> >
> > > Do you also understand that if you try to use RingVoice to answer fax
> > > calls on a second Distinctive Ring that you won't get what you're
> > > after?
> >
> > Hylafax only answers fax calls and logs cid-data to log files (nothing else)
>
> I don't think we're on the same page here.
>
> Yes, it only answers what you tell it to.
>
> It may only *log data* from RingFax calls, though.  If you're using
> both RingFax and RingVoice to allow you to specify both strings, then
> you might expect this.

Our set-up is ....
One phone line with primary and secondary numbers (one pair of wires)
hylafax is configured to only answer/pick-up on the secondary line via,
RingFax:                RING1
However. hylafax will and faithfully does log cnid data from the primary
number/ring -and- will *not* see/log any cnid data from the secondary number
which hylafax answers in order to receive a fax.  We also use hylafax to send
faxes :))  That's all we use hylafax for.  Nothing else.

> If, OTOH, you're reconfiguring RingFax between calls and restarting
> everything, then the problem will be somewhere else.

OTOH=  (what?)

> You don't specify which.
>
> > My current issue is, cid info for incoming calls on the primary number
> > *is* seen and logged. CID info for incoming calls on the distinctive
> > ring number is *not* seen or logged. :) In addition the same thing
> > happens with the cu -l cuaa1 which makes me think its the telco, but,
> > a standard cid-box shows cid-data for both primary and secondary
> > incoming calls.
>
> If you connect to the modem, and call the modem with each ring, only
> one produces the modem CNID messages?

Eureka!!  that's exactly what I've been saying  :-)  Or, thought I was saying.

> This is a modem firmware problem; got to me.
Now there's a thought.
Modem= U.S. Robotics 5685 (internal)

> > The following is in response to LEE's last question.... > "Yes,
> > we're saying the same thing. Which is why you need to use >
> > RingsBeforeAnswer=2 if you intend to use QualifyCID without the Bug
> > 139 patch"
> >
> > We're not trying to use QualifyCID. We need all CID info to be logged
> > via syslogd
>
> Into the *syslog*?  I don't know that you can get there from here.  I
> think it only logs it in the comm logs, by default.  I don't have
> CNID either.  Anyone?

Yes :)  With the following in my config.cuaa1
ServerTracing:          1
SessionTracing:         0xff
CNID/cid, in my case name & number are logged via syslogd.  Works like a true
champion.