Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] Re: Re: Distinctive ring & cid

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:33:12PM -0400, Network wrote:
> > Does the CNID data show in the session log regardless of which ring is
> > picked up?
>
> This is my exact point.  the primary number does show the CNID info in the logs.
> The secondary/distinctive ring does not show in the logs.
>
> > Do you also understand that if you try to use RingVoice to answer fax
> > calls on a second Distinctive Ring that you won't get what you're
> > after?
>
> Hylafax only answers fax calls and logs cid-data to log files (nothing else)

I don't think we're on the same page here.

Yes, it only answers what you tell it to.

It may only *log data* from RingFax calls, though.  If you're using
both RingFax and RingVoice to allow you to specify both strings, then
you might expect this.

If, OTOH, you're reconfiguring RingFax between calls and restarting
everything, then the problem will be somewhere else.

You don't specify which.

> My current issue is, cid info for incoming calls on the primary number
> *is* seen and logged. CID info for incoming calls on the distinctive
> ring number is *not* seen or logged. :) In addition the same thing
> happens with the cu -l cuaa1 which makes me think its the telco, but,
> a standard cid-box shows cid-data for both primary and secondary
> incoming calls.

If you connect to the modem, and call the modem with each ring, only
one produces the modem CNID messages?

This is a modem firmware problem; got to me.

> The following is in response to LEE's last question.... > "Yes,
> we're saying the same thing. Which is why you need to use >
> RingsBeforeAnswer=2 if you intend to use QualifyCID without the Bug
> 139 patch"
>
> We're not trying to use QualifyCID. We need all CID info to be logged
> via syslogd

Into the *syslog*?  I don't know that you can get there from here.  I
think it only logs it in the comm logs, by default.  I don't have
CNID either.  Anyone?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows