Re: [hylafax-users] Help.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:32:51PM +1000, bwhittak@energy.com.au wrote:
> I am building HylaFAX from source on our RS600 under AIX4.3.2 and am
> having a problem linking the HylaFAX executables. I was wondering if
> anyone could help me out.
>
> Other than that, I have followed the configure/build instructions
> and everything was progressing OK until it came time to generate the
> exeutables. Every time the make attempted to create an executable, it
> failed with the following error messages.

> make[1]: Entering directory `/users/bruce/AIX_SW/hylafax/hylafax-4.1beta3/faxrm'
> /usr/local/bin/g++        -D__ANSI_CPP__ -I. -I.. -I.././regex -I.././faxrm
> -I.././util -I/usr/local/include -g -O -o faxrm faxrm.o   -L/usr/local/lib
> ../util/libfaxutil.a -L/usr/local/lib -ltiff -lz -L../regex -lregex
> ../port/libport.a -lbsd -lm
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__register_exceptions
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__find_first_exception_table_match
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__unwind_function
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
> collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
> make[1]: *** [faxrm] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/users/bruce/AIX_SW/hylafax/hylafax-4.1beta3/faxrm'
> make: *** [default] Error 2
> Has anyone seen this before or can any suggestions be offered?

Well, as a start, I'd add those switches to LDFLAGS in the appropriate
makefile, make clean in that directory, and redo the make, but it
*looks* like your regular expression library doesn't have things in it
that faxrm wants to call.

I don't have sources unpacked right now, but the substance of those
errors is "I (the linker; ld) can't find these three functions being
called by {the source file,some other library in the link} in any of
the files in question", which usually means "in any of the libraries
you told me to link with.

That usually means either a mismatched library file, or a missing one.

Those function names sound like regex stuff to *me*, but I don't have
sources unpacked to look in right now...

[ looks ]

Yeah; I had it checked out, but ran out of space on my drive whilst
playing games with Mailman, and killed it off.  Anyone got faxrm
sources to look in?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows