Re: [hylafax-users] Incoming call routing via phone number

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 08:20:19PM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
> Let me save you the time in looking further.  No.  Everyone wants to do it,
> but... you've got to have the PBX report the number dialed to the modem,
> you have to get the modem to pass that number to faxgetty (I've never seen
> an analog modem do this), and then you have to get HylaFAX to relay that
> information to faxrcvd for your use in FaxDispatch.
>
> Good luck, but save yourself the time... if the modems' documentation
> doesn't say that they do this specifically, then presume that they don't.
> And if you *do* find an analog modem that does this, please, let us know.

Note that he said analog; do the search I recommended, for a couple
other approaches.

> As for the telco reporting the number dialed to the PBX... heh, I spent a
> couple hours on the phone with the telco in Honolulu, and they didn't have
> a clue what I was talking about.

PRI, Lee; PRI.  What kind of PBX is it?  One of my clients likely has
one hanging in the PBX farm they have on their test/burnin wall (there
are, like 50 or 60 different models there).

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows