Re: [hylafax-users] sportster 56k conifg problems

At 01:31 PM 6/15/01 -0500, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
>Just tried that an no luck.  I also just tried to reconfigure as a Class
1, and
>it doesn't like that either.  I see the lights flicker as it picks up, but
it
>never tries to actually do the negotiation from what I hear, at least my
laptop
>just keeps sending the standard fax "beep" every few seconds.  This is
annoying
>since I know this worked with efax...almost tempted to reinstall it and
see if I
>can get the init script from it since this one obviously doesn't work.

The init string won't help you any.  This is hardware.  The fact that efax
answers all calls as fax and *forces* a fax response, which is a type of
"workaround, is it's "feature", but could be problematic for other things.
In *my* testing, though, with these incompatibilities, efax only received
garbage from these senders which can't handshake with mgetty+sendfax,
HylaFAX, or a myriad of Windows products that I tried when I was curious
about this.