Re: [hylafax-users] and Destictive ring

Quoting Network <network@network.shacknet.nu>:

> LEE;
> Is there anyone actively working on the distinctive ring code of
> hylafax?
> This is a crucial issue with us and we need some guidance.
> There has been no definitive answers that I have seen in the archives
> that
> remedy this issue.

Here I am... checking e-mail from home before I turn in (what am I doing?).

Is anyone actively working on distinctive ring for HylaFAX?  Not that I am
aware of.  However, it has not been my knowledge that it was broken, but I
would certainly not be surprised to learn that it is.  You have to realize that
in order for someone to be activly developing distinctive ring features for
HylaFAX... that person needs to 1) be capable of using distinctive ring, 2)
find HylaFAX distinctive ring features in need of development, and 3) be a
HylaFAX developer.  Frankly, I'm not sure that this is a combination that
exists.  I'm not in a position to work on distinctive ring as I'm not
subscribed to it.  And, although I can tease HylaFAX into doing a few things
here and there, many things (faxq features, for example) are really beyond my
current programming capability.

If this feature is crucial to your business and you or your associates are not
capable of implementing it yourselves, then I suggest that you hire someone to
make it work for you.  I.e.: send a mail to the -devel list offering
programming work and remote login for someone to develop it for you.  I know
that there are people there who are capable of accomplishing this.  Whether or
not they have the time to do it, I don't know, and neither do I know how much
they may wish to charge for that time.