Re: [hylafax-users] and Destictive ring

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:14:02PM -0400, Network wrote:
> Is there anyone actively working on the distinctive ring code of hylafax?
> This is a crucial issue with us and we need some guidance.
> There has been no definitive answers that I have seen in the archives that
> remedy this issue.

Lee has left for the evening, but I'll try to answer your question, if
you could define a little more what precisely it is that you *need*.
:-)

So far as I'm aware, if your modem supports distinctive ring, HylaFAX
will too, at least to the extent of either failing to answer the calls
you don't want it to, or handing the ring off to a voice getty so you
can play menu games.

The latter isn't really "supported" in HylaFAX, we merely provide you
an exit to get to something that *will* do it, like vgetty.  Which I
may be playing with myself here in a week or two.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows