Re: [hylafax-users] strange string on every page

At 06:57 PM 6/7/01 +0200, Georg Lutz wrote:

>When I configure it as a class2-modem with a speed of 38400 it puts
>"*cct-fax*" on all outgoing pages.
>When I configure it as a class1-modem I have to set the speed to 19200
>and the "*cct-fax*" disapears.

That's because the firmware isn't controlling the output so much as it does
in Class 2.

>Do you know where I can get firmware for this modem?
>Is there a significant disadvantage of class1, apart from being a bit
>time-critical?

In my experience Class 1 generally outperforms Class 2 on new systems using
new HylaFAX versions.  The time-critical factor is in the degree of a
millisecond.  Linux (for example) job time factors on Pentium-class systems
or better is really in the degree of microseconds.  No worries.  But if
there is a concern, CVS HylaFAX supports PriorityScheduling for Linux.