Re: [hylafax-users] strange string on every page

Bernd Proissl schrieb:

> > what's about the string "*CCT-FAX*" on every page? Is there a special
> > meaning?
> > I searched an option to disable it, but I found nothing.
> >
> > Please cc to me, since i am not subsribed to this list.
>
> Your modem (firmware) does not have an official licency to work
> in a public telephone network (public=german?)
>
> AFAIK you cannot disable this feature.
>
> I once had a Creatix with this "feature". A firmware upgrade made
> it disapear :-)

Ah, thank you for the hint.

It's a pretty old Creatix LC144VF with a sign from BZT (the former
german authority fo telecommunication)

Funny:
When I configure it as a class2-modem with a speed of 38400 it puts
"*cct-fax*" on all outgoing pages.
When I configure it as a class1-modem I have to set the speed to 19200
and the "*cct-fax*" disapears.

Do you know where I can get firmware for this modem?
Is there a significant disadvantage of class1, apart from being a bit
time-critical?

Bye
  Georg

--

Georg Lutz                      | http://www.erc.de
ERC - Euro Regio Cooperation AG | Tel: +49 7854 9696-0