[hylafax-users] CiD is now logging

Thank you folks for your attention and assistance on this issue.
Here's what was placed as the last line in my syslog.conf initially ....

!daemon
*.*                                        /var/log/fax.log
According to man syslog.conf  the above should have worked (it didn't)

Subsequently on a line by itself I tried  .....
daemon.*                                        /var/log/fax.log
The above line also failed to work.
-
Finally we got some rhythm when we did ....
*.notice;daemon.*;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err       /var/log/messages
logging is working :)
-
I removed "daemon.*" from the above line and,
daemon.*                                        /var/log/fax.log
as the last line in the syslog.conf and, it stopped working.
-
My next move was my 50th "last ditch effort".
I removed the last line (shown above)
I placed; daemon.*                                        /var/log/fax.log
on a line by itself directly after ...
*.notice;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err        /var/log/messages
instead of placing it as the last line in the file
(notice I removed daemon.*)    so with ...

Line-1 = *.notice;daemon.*;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err
/var/log/messages
Line-2 = daemon.*                                       /var/log/fax.log
everything is working fine. (In the HylaFAX logging Dept.)