[hylafax-users] Probs with LT Winmodem

Hi folks

I wonder if you might be able to assist. I have been contracted to install
a Linux based fax server + Mac clients onto an existing network with Linux
file (and comms) server. I chose Hylafax + MacFlex as the most appropriate
solution.

Have read (and re-read) the docs, the readme's the howto's and then FAQ's.
Have sorted out the server software, such that hfaxd is running (hfaxd -o
hylafax - have tried hfaxd -i hylafax as well), faxq is running, they start
from the start (rc.local). MacFlex is installed onto a couple of
workstations and seems to be working.

However, they don't want to work together.

Last week when I was trying to get an older Dynalink ISA internal modem to
work, I could get the client to fax out thru the Linux, and the Linux to
receive faxes as well. Unfortunately, the internal modem on COM3 was
conflicting with the external on COM 1 and I was not able to resolve this.
As a result when COM1 worked COM3 wouldn't and vice versa. Any way this
confirms that the client software is configured correctly and permissions
etc are OK.

Anyway, I was able to configure a Netcomm internal PCI Winmodem (with Linux
drivers!) to work in minicom satisfactorily, and actually send a fax using
sendfax (from the server). But, Macflex just refuses to talk to the
daemon(s). It also answers the call when faxgetty is running.

Can you help? Should I leave the PCI Winmodem in? Should I put the ISA
modem back in and use the ISAPNP tools that I have read about to configure it?

Your assistance will certainly be appreciated.

        Michael Shalavin

    HILLS DISTRICT TECHNOLOGY

(MICROSOFT CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL)
   (APPLE AUTHORISED RESELLER)