Re: [hylafax-users] Missing files afm & vgetty-link under Debian

At 11:16 AM 5/15/01 +0200, v.demart@libero.it wrote:
>As an absolute beginner of Hylafax I've just installed the version
>4.0.2-14 under Debian stable 2.2.r3.

Debian's numbering system for packages is strange.  I tend to believe that
this means "4.0pl2" with Debian's own patches on top of that.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any other way to get binary debs for
HylaFAX.  I would, however, recommend that you remove this HylaFAX
installation and install from 4.1beta3 source.  It worked well for me in
Debian.  See:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.php#ss2.2
If you can make debs from that, then great, and share them for others.
You'll need to contact Pavel (don't know his e-mail) at Debian to learn
what exactly 4.0.2-14 means.

Look at: http://www.hylafax.org/howto/help.php#ss7.6 top bullet.

>2) and now faxsetup is complaining that the program etc/hylafax/vgetty-
>link is missing, which is true!

This is normal.  Unless you expect faxgetty to handle voice calls also,
then don't worry about it.  I believe the error message states this.

>How can I fix these problems and where can I find that vgetty-link file?

If you really want vgetty, it's part of the mgetty+sendfax (or
mgetty-voice) package.