[hylafax-users] HylaFAX and SSH

Hi,
I am trying to connect a HylaFAX client to a remote HylaFAX server through
an SSH connection.  (I want to authenticate securely with private/public key
exchange.)  I have mapped localport 2001 to connect through SSH to port 4559
on the remote machine.  So far I have had mixed results.

I can telnet and FTP to the connection (for example by using: telnet
localhost 2001), but it appears to be "dead" and unresponsive beyond the
initial login greeting.  (But not when I do this locally on the HylaFax
server.)  It seems the HylaFAX is essentially an FTP server for connecting.
(In that is opens different port number for each data connection.)

A few questions:
1) Can the HylaFAX server/client be set to "passive" mode like FTP program
can to get around firewalls?
2) Can you configure HylaFAX to only connect with specific ports for the
data transfer.  (To better control getting though firewalls.)
2) Does anyone have any experience with using SSH to secure a connection to
the HylaFAX server?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Roy
President/Consultant
AWC Consulting