Re: [hylafax-users] Continued sending problems

Hi

> find a USR/3Com Sportster modem that didn't work tolerably well with the
> default config from beta3.  Oh well...

From looking at the more verbose logs it seems that they stop responding
after a longish ATE command from FaxSend. However, the really uber-strange
thing is that the same command is sent several times earlier by faxgetty and
works fine.

I spoke to some of the older staff here and apparantly the same exact modems
were used on a previous fax server (an NT & Exchange based one) and they
exhibited a similar problem then. They're pretty old Sportsters, so I guess
it's a bug in their firmware or something.

The modems I've replaced them with work beatifully, even though they were
vastly cheaper than Sportsters (I bought them in Malaysia for about £15ukp
afair!).

What I do need is a decent multi-port serial card. I was looking at the Lava
QuattroPCI 4port cards, but they are on a huge backorder at the moment and
no-where has any. I'd like to avoid spending more than is necessary (the
Lava card costs about £50ukp) - any recommendations?

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
IT Department