Re: [hylafax-users] How run tiffcp automatically?

At 11:57 PM 4/27/01 +0400, Pliev wrote:
>Hello everybody!
>I already wrote message to this  conference about "TIFF file corrupted".
>I got answer - to use tiffcp for conversion received tiff - file.
>My question - do I can to use script faxrcvd for each file run a command
of conversion, using tiffcp.
>Excuse me, I beginner in Unix, and I don't know shell's programming
language(while!:, I am studing).
>Therefore I ask help - what  changes I must to do in script  faxrcvd, for
a solution of  this problem.
>I want, that each obtained fax was converted with usage tiffcp automatically.
>
>Help me, if You can...
>I attach my script  faxrcvd as example. If You can, tell to me, where I
must to do changes on this file.

Anywhere would be fine, really... all depending on how you wanted to do it.
 I.e.:

-------------------
#
HOSTNAME=`hostname`			# XXX no good way to find FQDN
PORT=4559				# XXX no good way to lookup service

FILE="$1"
DEVICE="$2"
COMMID="$3"
MSG="$4"

### This now is added to fix corrupted tiffs... ###
mv $FILE $FILE.orig		// end result needs to be $FILE
tiffcp $FILE.orig $FILE	// you need to add your options

if [ -f $FILE ]; then
    #
    # Check the sender's TSI and setup to dispatch
    # facsimile received from well-known senders.

Note that this does *nothing* about file removal.  If you want to handle
that, then perhaps change that "tiffcp" line to be:

if [tiffcp $FILE.orig $FILE]; then rm $FILE.orig; fi	// add your options