Re: [hylafax-users] Barcoding of pages occurs with different modems

The barcode effect is vertical and extends the whole way across an entire A4
page. Unfortunately I'm only at work 2 days a week around study, but with a
quick cut and paste job, I've uploaded
something that looks very similar to what we're getting. The address is http://www.chariot.net.au/~benr/barcode.gif

This is not due to line noise - the pattern is repeatable over and over from
the same modem. Change the modem and the pattern will vary slightly, but the
same effect (e.g. the Redback's lines are a lot thinner than the Dlink and the
Tassie Devil, but still in the same places. Usually with the character e, the
bar will span the full length of the e on the 56k modems but only on the two
edges on the Redback)

The cover page will work fine everytime, and one other postscript file seems
to work fine every time. There is nothing unusual about the other postscript
file - its not smallest nor the largest, its average. It was produced from MS-Word
on the same computer with the same printer driver as the others, at the same
time. The same effect also happens when we use TIFF files.

We have tiff-3.5.5 installed on FreeBSD 3.4.

Hopefully this helps!

Regards,
Ben