Re: [hylafax-users] Reliability

At 08:09 PM 4/11/01 -0400, genge1 wrote:
>Does anyone know of a site with statistics on fax reliability in general?
>
>I seem to have roughly a 10% failure rate on incoming faxes.
>This seems high but I wanted to see if there were any stats somewhere.

That's very high.  If the list of remote systems is fixed, then the failure
rate should be next to nothing - failures only occurring only for freak
reasons or mis-dialed numbers.  If the list of remote systems is not fixed
(like all of my HylaFAX servers are), then you can expect failures in the
1% to 3% range.

There are a number of factors that will influence reliability, not the
least of which is the modem you're using and the system that it's installed
in.