[hylafax-users] U.S. Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem and mgetty vs HylaFAX

I am having the dreaded "Phase B" errors that are so talked about when using
USR modems. I have read every post I can find but cannot solve my problem.

The modem works great in Windows with WinFax Pro. I have read the posts that
attempt to explain why this is so.

The modem also works great with mgetty. The modems sync up almost instantly
and the fax is transferred.

How can the same modem with HylaFAX fail 100% of the time when it always
works with mgetty?

Honestly, I am at a loss. I have spent a solid 48 hours of reading and
tweaking and still cannot solve the problem.

My modem is as follows:
56K Voice Faxmodem
Firmware Version: 4.9.1
Firmware Date: 2/24/98

Would upgrading the firmware fix my problems? If so, how can I do that. The
USR website is absolutely useless. They insist I use the Modem Upgrade
Wizard which doesn't recognize my modem.

Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you have any possible solution.

Thanks,
	Anthony