Re: [hylafax-users] Problems receiving Fax; receive only header

At 07:02 PM 4/1/01 +0200, Holger Boeken wrote:
>I am using hylafax 4.1 beta 2 on a Suse Linux 6.4 Server.

Bad decision.  4.1beta2 as supplied with 6.4 originally requires
libtiff-3.4 and SuSE 6.4 comes with libtiff-3.5

>Modem: Elsa Microlink 28.8 TQV
>
>Setting up was ok and when I receive faxes everything works fine (no
>error messages) but when I open the corresponding tiff files later I can
>only see the header. The page is only as long as the header line.
>So, where is the rest?????
>
>Does anyone have a clue what the problem is here?

Yeah, libtiff incompatibility.  Look at 'top' output, and you'll likely see
that faxq is consuming all of the CPU cycles.  The length of that file is
probably only 8K, too.

The fix?  Uninstall that RPM and install the ones for 4.1beta3 at
ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/binaries  (Upgrading won't work in this case because
the paths differ between the SuSE binary and this one.)

SuSE has an update, though, available from them which includes the
tiff-3.5-interfaces.patch, which will provide functionality, but I'd
recommend getting the newer 4.1beta3 anyway.

Lee.