Re: [hylafax-users] Hulafax on Redhat 7.0

Hello Darren,

Thank you for your reply.
But I still  have the same problem.
Using Redhat 7.0 and hylafax-4.1beta2-2rh7.i386.rpm
I have no problem sending or receiving faxes. :)
What I am trying to do is setup a windows based
program so other users can send / receive faxes in our
small network. Samba works fine as well.
I can't figure out how to use faxadduser.
It just don't add any user to the file
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts.hfaxd
It doesn't even change /etc/hosts.hfaxd
The file has correct permission and ownership:
-rw-------    1 uucp     wheel          59 Feb 25 16:04 hosts.hfaxd
I tried to add some users manually but when I telnet to
telnet shell.comnet.ca 4559
It will not accept any username / password
that I put it the file.
And yes, each time I reload hylafax.
What am I missing here?
Any advice is helpful,

Regards,

Ali

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Darren Nickerson wrote:

>   Lee> At 05:08 PM 2/24/01 -0500, Ali Ghaharbeighi wrote:
>
>   +> I also edited the file hfaxd.conf and removed the #
>   +> for this line.
>   +> UserAccessFile: "/etc/hosts.hfaxd"
>
>   Lee> that should be
>
>   Lee> etc/hosts.hfaxd
>
> As in (probably in your case) /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts.hfaxd
>
> -Darren

This e-mail is sent by using Linux Redhat and Pine.