[hylafax-users] Problem with Zyxel Omni 56K

Hi all,

I am having troubles with a Zyxel Omni 56K modem and hylafax.

The Setup:
Zyxel Omni 56K
Version 1.05

Hylafax 4.1beta2

SuSE Linux 6.3

The Problem:
When a fax is submitted by sendfax using -n -D -d <num> options, hylafax
tries to send the fax. It dials the remote fax, which picks up the line,
one of the two (Zyxel or the remote fax, can't check. I am near the
remote fax, and hylafax is installed on a machine far away from me)
starts the negotiating sequence (the beeps), but hylafax keeps
responding: SEND FAILED: No answer from remote.

I tried playing around with S7, and switching back from Class 2.0 to
Class 1.

I think it is not a hylafax problem, but a modem or line problem. Since
I don't know where to look I hoped someone on this list might have an
idea.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw
begin:vcard
n:Leeuw;Dennis
tel;fax:030 22 87 997
tel;work:030 22 87 995
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.stone-it.com
org:Stone-IT BV - LINUX FOR BUSINESS
adr:;;Jan Steenlaan 3;Bilthoven;;3723 BS;The Netherlands
version:2.1
email;internet:leeuw@stone-it.com
title:Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:;28928