[hylafax-users] Squished pages when using a Class 1 faxmodem

Hello out there!

I'm having a problem with hylafax, that seems to be similar to a wellknown
Class 2 problem, only I am using a Class 1 faxmodem.

When sending a fax, stripes totalling about half the page "disappears", so
that the arriving fax is about half the height of the original page. It is
also clear that information is missing, it's not that the page is
compressed, it's more like not all lines arrive. When looking at the
original document with ghostview, everything seems normal. I am using a
Class 1 faxmodem, TekComm D56LVP-C0E (www.satplus.com), installed on a Red
Hat 6.2 system.

If anyone out there have any clues on what the cause could be, I would be
most thankful.

Best regards

Staffan Emren
Tricom data AB