[hylafax-users] Using Hylafax for our project ?

Hello,

I have had a very interested look at Hylafax because I think it can do what
we need. Before I dwelve into the documentation and a test setup, though,
I'd like to hear first impressions.

The application I'm talking about sends out notifications for special events
that happen on a website. these notifications are sent through E-mail to
users that support E-mail, and should be sent by Fax for users who don't
have an Internet access.

The web server cannot run Hylafax, which means that there will be two
machines, one being the webserver, and one being the fax server. The fax
server doesn't have a permanent Internet connection, either.

How could we use Hylafax to periodically check the web server for waiting
notifications to be sent (these could be stored as E-mails in a special
account, or as text files, or whatever), send the notification faxes, and
provide a way to see what "happened" to the webserver; e.g., the webserver
should somehow be able to tell which users did receive their fax, and which
others didn't, because of an error, for instance.

I can program anything on the webserver to make it send out mails, write or
read textfiles, and so on. The question is rather, how does Hylafax fit in
there?

I'd appreciate any comments from users who have already done a similar
setup.

Thanks a lot !

------
Alain Fontaine