Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Extension Numbers

I'm sorry, I guess I should have been more specific.  I am refering to receiving
faxes and having faxrcvd handle the routing.

Thanks for your reply.

"Jay R. Ashworth" wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:30:35PM -0500, Christopher A. Seward Sr. wrote:
> > If a fax sender dials our faxserver with the number 1-800-555-1212-1111,
> > where "1111" is the recipient's extension, what does Hylafax do with
> > those extra 4 digits?  Certain modems will pass this info through
> > (Zyxel, Rockwell, etc.).  Can Hylafax use this (with a list to match
> > these extension digits to respective email addresses) to route faxes
> > directly to recipients' mail boxes?
>
> Unless you've told it to rewrite things or make assumptions about
> numbers, HylaFAX proper (ie: faxsend)  will dial prettymuch anything you
> give it.
>
> Now, *the HylaFAX distribution*, which is a just slightly different
> thing here (not to mention what you're really asking about ;-) includes
> a dialrules file, which may make some such assumptions.
>
> I can't conveniently ssh into one of my installed machines at the
> moment to check, but that would be the place to look.  I don't *think*
> that the distributed dialrules file would cause a problem there, but I
> know that there are ways to write a dialrules file (and reasons to do
> that) which *would* cause problems.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
>
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylink.com
> Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink
> The Suncoast Freenet         The Things I Think
> Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 804 5015

begin:vcard
n:Seward Sr.;Christopher A.
tel;fax:410-848-8133
tel;work:410-848-0090
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.clvillage.org/
org:Carroll Lutheran Village;IT
adr:;;300 St. Luke Circle;Westminster;MD;21158;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:cseward@clvillage.org
title:IT Coordinator
fn:Christopher A. Seward Sr.