Re: [hylafax-users] Fax Extension Numbers

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 12:30:35PM -0500, Christopher A. Seward Sr. wrote:
> If a fax sender dials our faxserver with the number 1-800-555-1212-1111,
> where "1111" is the recipient's extension, what does Hylafax do with
> those extra 4 digits?  Certain modems will pass this info through
> (Zyxel, Rockwell, etc.).  Can Hylafax use this (with a list to match
> these extension digits to respective email addresses) to route faxes
> directly to recipients' mail boxes?

Unless you've told it to rewrite things or make assumptions about
numbers, HylaFAX proper (ie: faxsend)  will dial prettymuch anything you
give it.

Now, *the HylaFAX distribution*, which is a just slightly different
thing here (not to mention what you're really asking about ;-) includes
a dialrules file, which may make some such assumptions.

I can't conveniently ssh into one of my installed machines at the
moment to check, but that would be the place to look.  I don't *think*
that the distributed dialrules file would cause a problem there, but I
know that there are ways to write a dialrules file (and reasons to do
that) which *would* cause problems.

Cheers,
-- jra

Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink