Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax ... connecting from client machine to server ...

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:38:12PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Using Hylafax from ports on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE ...
> if I do a faxstat -v, I'm getting:
> pegasus# faxstat -v
> Trying thor.tht.net (216.126.88.4) at port 4559...
> Connected to thor.tht.net.
> 130 Warning, client address "216.126.88.8" is not listed for host name "pegasus.tht.net".

You're running faxstat *on* the dual-ip server, right?

I think the problem is that the server is being fascist, and reversing
the address 88.8 which faxstat chose to bind to for the outgoing
connection... and not getting the same name that it expects from DNS.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that the faxstat
client sends it's local host name, and the server looks it up to check
the IP address.  If my damned server will ever let me log in, I'll
faxstat -v to check that...

[pause, about to deliver]

Crap; I can't.  I'm in mid-crash-recovery and [d'oh] that's the box
that's down.  <sigh>

But try putting a second DNS entry in for pegasus, and check your
reverse, and see if that helps.

Cheers,
-- jra

Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink