[hylafax-users] Zoom 2949L info

Hi all:

What a crazy trip this has been....

I am quite new to HylaFAX, but have read most of the docs and searched the
archives.  If someone would be so kind as to answer a few q's.

First the config:
Mandrake 7.2 - stock config (for testing)
latest CVS

Most things work fine.  I got a client that submits faxes, I can play with
the queues, things in general work.  However...

I have, at my disposal USR 28.8 and 56K flex modems and Zoom 2949Ls.  Which
should I use?  The latest info I can find about the Zooms says it does not
apply to the Lucent chipset.  Anyone know about the "L" series?

The problem is, I can't get the USRs to consistently work.  The will send
one page, but not two page faxes.  Sometimes I get the dreaded "Phase B",
other times fine.  I am in early testing mode so I always send to the same
fax machine.  The USR is set up as Class 2.0.

If anyone has info on the "L" chips (and a working config), let me know.  I
would love to use those (have many sitting around).

I would like to proof this concept out so I don't have to buy one of the 8K
USD "solutions".

Thanks in advance.

-Tony