Re: [hylafax-users] Received faxed cut to few lines

At 11:20 AM 2/2/01 -0800, Tim Rice wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Lee Howard wrote:
>
>> At 01:33 PM 2/2/01 +0100, mamboman@gmx.ch wrote:
>>
>> >I am using:
>> >Hylafax 4 Beta 2-l35
>> >libtiff 3.4-0
>> >tiff 3.4-0
>> >on Suse Linux 6.4 i386
>>
>> Yeah, libtiff/HylaFAX incompatibility.  You need libtiff 3.5.x.
>>

>libtiff 3.4 should be fine.
>In fact the pre CVS code base requires it.

Okay, I could be wrong, but I *thought* that SuSE RPM hylafax-4.1beta2-135
was a binary created from CVS by the SuSE folk.  And because they compiled
it on a system with libtiff-3.5.x, it is necessary to use libtiff-3.5.x if
you're using the RPM.

At least, that's the way it appeared when I reviewed the latest versions at
SuSE a number of months ago.